The black box device collects a range of data about your driving. This data typically contains...
- Your total speed
- How smoothly you accelerate/decelerate
- How sharply you turn
- What time of day you drive
- The length of your journeys
- How often you drive
- Your total mileage
We are committed to keeping your data safe. The data can only be accessed by you, AIG and our specific telematics partners. AIG takes your privacy very seriously. Please see our privacy statement for more information.
We typically use the transmitted data...
○ To rate your driving against our key criteria
○ For real-time accident detection & help if you are in an accident
○ To give more detail on your accident & help the claims process
○ To track your car if it is stolen
○ Give safe driving Bonus Reward KMs each month
We'll contact you once you've purchased your policy and organise a visit from our quality team of highly trained mechanics who will fit your telematics black box within 14 days of your policy purchase. Don't worry, you are insured during this period.
The telematics box will have no effect on any of your cars systems or electrics and will not affect the performance of your car in any way.