AIG provides a complete range of captive management and consulting services including the structuring, formation, and overall management of captives with a unique understanding of each domicile’s regulatory requirements and local business practices.
In addition, we manage AIG’s own sponsored captives which are domiciled in Vermont and Guernsey. The sponsored captive is a form of “rent-a-captive” and offers a flexible alternative risk solution for clients, with the added benefit of a lower cost structure and reduced capital requirements compared to a standalone captive.
Our integration with AIG’s global fronting and alternative solutions teams enables us to provide a seamless, one-stop risk management solution for our clients.
What makes AIG the right captive manager for you?
- With AIG’s global footprint, we have the ability to set up and manage your captive in virtually any domicile or jurisdiction around the world.
- We provide in-depth expertise and capabilities through our full range of captive services, which include formation and management, feasibility studies, operational reviews, accounting and regulatory compliance, and redomiciliation analysis.
- As part of a group of insurance companies, we bring substantial local knowledge and practical experience of insurance regulation and effective capital management to optimise the use of a captive in a way that no other captive management firm can offer.
- We offer a convenient and secure online portal where captive clients can easily post and share corporate, financial, and regulatory documents, as well as access AIG’s extensive library of risk management information and safety training programmes.
Potential benefits of a captive structure
- Enhanced control over the insurance programme structure
- Ability to address risks not covered by traditional insurance or financial products
- Opportunity to benefit from positive loss experience
- Supports programmes to provide proof of insurance
- Reduced volatility of rate, capacity, and coverage
- Tax efficiencies
- Facilitates cost-efficient access to reinsurance market
Feasibility and Operational Reviews
Whether you are looking to form a new captive or optimize your existing captive programme, our consulting team can provide you with expert knowledge and guidance.
A captive feasibility study will provide you with:
- Role of captives in today’s insurance market
- Advantages and disadvantages of a captive
- Analysis of proposed retentions and retained coverages assumed by the captive
- Five year financial projections including balance sheets and income statements
- Structure, formation, and operation of captive insurance company
Domicile comparison with recommendation, including regulatory requirements
An operational review will provide you with:
- Current insurance programme evaluation and comparison to business plan
- Operations analysis including a detailed examination of internal controls and data processing
- A review of the captive’s regulatory framework and compliance with governing regulations
- An appraisal of the captive’s third party service providers